.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Graduation Speech: Perseverance and Determination :: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address

As a overleapr for County High, I stumble upon some seedly tough obstacles each date I race the same is consecutive in life. Everyone encounters obstacles, but in order to oercome them and succeed, one mustiness never give up. I love to run hurdles, but alas last year, little pulls and strains prevented me from running to my full potential. One Thursday, we had a home send office track meet against Lake Stevens. For the first time I was in charming good shape for my race, the 100-meter hurdles. I began jumping up and down partially to stay warm, and partially to let out some of my excitement. By this time, I had butterflies in my stomach and the adrena argument was pumping. The starter asked us to Take your sweats off and stand behind your blocks. Runners take your marks. Hands shaking, I crouched into the starting blocks. The gun was up. Set Bang I bolted out of the blocks. I was way ahead of the other girls when suddenly, I realized I didnt induce enough speed to carry me over the next hurdle. Gathering all of the strength I could, I grabbed at the air in hopes of guaranteeing clearance. I had just brushed over the timberland when my foot hit the ground and my ankle gave out. I fell. I comprehend a huff from the crowd and the other racers feet pounding past me. I got back up. I had never gone over a hurdle with my right leg first, but I did after that fall. Sprinting as nimble as I could in between hurdles, I found myself fundamentally bunny hopping over the rest of them. My goal was to cross that finish line and to be able to say that I did the very best that I could, even if I didnt look very graceful along the way. Although it mogul have seemed like a bad day, I was proud. It was the first time I had ever fallen in a race, and not nevertheless did I get back up and keep running, I managed to coif second. Sometimes you encounter hurdles in life - sometimes you have to adapt and alter your normal routine to clear them. Then thither are tim es you fall the people surrounding you may gasp - they had been rooting for you. But they havent given up on you-its now much than ever that they want you to succeed - its human nature to want the underdog to come from behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment