.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

A Memoir tells a story of an important moment in our lives and its Essay

A Memoir tells a story of an important moment in our lives and its significance to us - Essay Example Many of them were standing here and there, talking in groups. Some of them expressed the dislike and arrogance to the new comers. As a student who, at the first time coming out of the security of home, I was homesick and worried very much. I did not see any one really. How can I, since I was blind with tears? Many of them were using English fluently. They asked something to me also. I did not give a reply since I was unable to open my mouth. At that moment I noticed one girl standing among the old students of the hostel. They were asking her many questions .It was not a dialogue, but it was an interview that I heard. From there conversation I came to know that her name was Treesa. I did not see a tint of fear or agitation on the face of that girl. She was bold and courageous. I also felt a slight admiration for her at any corner my heart. Sometimes I wished to become someone like her. Treesa became the favorite one for all among the new comers. She talked well and also became friendl y with all the students within one day. I found her consoling some other students who were bitterly crying for keeping themselves away from their kith and kin. I heard many others talking about Treesa. Though I felt friendly with her I did not show that forwardness to her. That day came!, the day on which we wanted to self –introduce to the inmates of the hostel . Usually it was after one week of the entry. I heard many stories about that day from some of the seniors who were friendly to me. Among them there was a girl who had fainted during the question hour. But now she was the chief among those fellows to interview the new ‘preys ‘. The session was divided into three. During the first part which lasted for three or four minutes, we wanted to introduce ourselves. The second part which was also lasted for three or four minutes, they would ask some questions to us. In the last session, we wanted to present a programme, a song, mono act ,dance or any other item whi ch they felt, would entertain them . I had already learned one song. All of us were expressing each other the worries and thoughts about the ‘impending disaster ‘, which would envelop them at any moment. All were prepared well with at least some programme and I overheard some of them even practicing the same secretly in their rooms. But our Treesa was very confident all the time. Some prickly girls even commented that since Treesa was the pet of all she would not have to face a tough time with the inmates. Somehow it started!!. Those who finished their session expressed the relief in many different ways. It was the time for Treesa. Everybody pierced through the sides to see what would happen on stage. Treesa introduced herself. The audience asked her to sing a song. She sang melodiously and the applause lasted even for one minute. Suddenly everybody heard a piercing sound. â€Å"Will you sing a fast number?† Yes, very coolly she accepted. Everybody enjoyed it well . For the second time another question came,† a rock please†. She did that also well. The chief among them came with a different one â€Å" What about a raga†, To the amazement of all, with same unstirred mind, Treesa sang a beautiful raga. Treesa confronted with another question now. â€Å"Who taught you these songs†. â€Å"My DAD†, the answer came soon. What is your father? , â€Å"He is a business man†. Where is your Dad doing business, What kind business is he doing? There were many questions ... but the answer was â€Å"

No comments:

Post a Comment